Verified Reviewer

1.8

Update by user Jun 16, 2021

When I email craftsman they keep telling me that my mower model is taken care of by their partner company. The parent company has ignored my several emails.

I finally got a hold of someone after being put on hold for a long time each time I called. My issue needs to be taken care of by a supervisor. I asked for the supervisor to call me back and I still have not received a call three weeks later.

My mower is in the shop still (the shop they told me I had to take it to under my warranty) so I have fun without a mower this entire spring, now beginning of summer. I had to just hire a lawn service to cut my lawn because the brand new lawnmower I spent $400 on is still in the shop and no one will call me back.

Original review posted by user May 17, 2021

My brand new lawn mower would not shut off the first time I used it. I called Craftsman since it was under warranty and was given the name &; number for two repair shops, but was told I needed a warranty paper to take to the shop.

I called Lowes, where I purchased it from, and they had no clue what I was talking about it. All I had was the receipt. I found an email address for Craftsman and sent an email explaining my situation. First, it took almost a week for them to respond.

After going back and forth (he needed more information), he gives me the first phone number I called weeks ago! I told him this, as well as how long it's been now with my lawn not getting cut. He tells me a team in charge will call me ASAP. (A week later; no contact at all!) I had to cut my lawn again now at this point to not get a city ticket, and as I'm in the middle of cutting it, it stops!!

(No, it was not wet; the entire time I cut my lawn (stopping to empty the bag 3 times) grass clippings were flying out of it all over my lawn.) I turn it back on and TONS of smoke comes pouring out! I finally just call the shop and they tell me all I need is the receipt. (NOT what I was told weeks ago by Craftsman customer service; all of this could've been avoided). When I take it in, the mechanic asks how I shut it off.

I tell him and he says I could've seriously shocked myself. This mower is super dangerous and for it to have 3 major things wrong with it when it's brand new is beyond ridiculous. What's worse is I can't seem to speak with anyone.

I'm currently on hold going on an hour trying to get a hold of a supervisor. I'm so frustrated with this company and their product.

User's recommendation: Go with another company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Craftsman Lawn Mower.

Location: 21000 West Road, Woodhaven, MI 48183